How to join
If you enjoy singing why not come along? Being able to read music is helpful but not as essential as being able to blend your voice with others in your part – and watch the conductor!
RCS understands that potential singers can be put off by the idea of an audition so we hold a free Open Rehearsal on the second Tuesday of the Hertfordshire school term. See our Upcoming Dates for information on the next Open Rehearsal.
New members can come along for a further 2 weeks with no obligation to join.
The subscription rate for 2021-22 is £125 for the year, or £50 for the first two terms of attendance, and £40 for the third (in other words, if you’re with us all year, £50, £50 and £40; otherwise £50 per term). As a matter of interest, the full subscription works out at about £3.50 per rehearsal – a bargain, one might say!
We ask you to pay the relevant fee to our Treasurer (either online or cheques payable to 'Royston Choral Society' please) by the fourth rehearsal. This all includes hire of music. (There is a small charge for refreshments when we are able to serve them, and an optional, popular 100 Club!)
RCS is a sociable choir. Members often enjoy a drink together after rehearsals and a group meal a couple of times a year.
Here’s what some singers have said about RCS:
- 'Singing has always been part of my life. Under Andrew O'Brien's leadership I really look forward to something new, challenging and exciting at our Tuesday night rehearsals. I find it very uplifting - especially those moments that make the hairs on the back of my neck rise.'
- 'After a busy day in a hectic job, it's a real stress-buster.'
- 'It’s a great way to meet people, work hard, but still have fun.'
- 'I need to sing! Its great cardiovascular exercise and good for stress. RCS is friendly and relaxed'
- 'It’s challenging, satisfying and a good diversion from everyday life. I like the camaraderie and the concerts'